How to Apply:
1. Download and fill out the following Application
2. Email the complete application and your resume to John Posavad at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 651-489-6993.Download Application Contact Us
Below is a list of available positions
Stratasys Product Line
Analyze, interpret, and diagnose unique product issues where utilization of problem solving skills acquired through certified training, and developed through extended interaction with the product, is required to creatively resolve customer concerns and/or product failures, allowing the professional to educate the customer on product, its capabilities and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Builds and maintains customer relations to ensure excellent customer service and enhance the company’s image.
- Applies knowledge and ability to perform technical repairs according to schedule; seeks additional training/education as appropriate
- Manages schedule based on proactive customer visits and incoming call volume that meets company and vendor established response time goals.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the appropriate equipment (ie. Spectrometers, calipers, etc.) to determine most efficient course of action.
- Services and installs all equipment according to manufacturer and company standards within acceptable time frames as well as rectifies potential problems on location.
- Recommends additional service requirements and other company offerings as appropriate.
- Estimates repair costs and provides customer quotes in order to obtain customer authorization prior to beginning service.
- Travels to customer locations routinely, requiring a vehicle stocked with sufficient tools and supplies.
- Communicates potential opportunities to co-workers when appropriate.
- Documents legibly and accurately all work completed to include service ticket information, warranty claims, and returning all necessary parts to manufacturer.
- Maintains and operates personal vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Internet Explorer; order processing system, database software and contact management systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2+ years related experience and/or training with aptitude to fix electronics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Ability to successfully complete certified manufacturer training
- Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Must have an insured vehicle in reliable working condition
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Apply Online