August 21, 2018: TekTalk on Tap: 3D Printing Beyond Prototyping – Appleton, WI
Traditional approaches to manufacturing are no longer the only way you have to bring your product to market. It’s time to think differently about manufacturing. In the era of Industry 4.0, manufacturing with additive opens new doors. Shave days off production cycles. Remove complexity from final assembly. Produce lightweight, high-strength structures. Create hyper-realistic prototypes. Be more competitive than ever before.
Join us along with our friends from Alignex Tuesday, August 21st at Appleton Beer Factory in Appleton, Wisconsin as we enjoy local brews and discuss the latest 3D technologies and how they are revolutionizing the manufacturing processes.
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Appleton Beer Factory
603 W College Ave, Appleton, WI 54914 – MAP IT
Session 1: AdvancedTek (~ 45 mins)
- How 3D printing is significantly impacting the manufacturing industry
- The latest technologies from Stratasys, Desktop Metal and PostProcess
- A wide range of industrial strength 3D printing materials
- Real world customer success stories
Session 2: Alignex (~ 45 mins)
- Costing analysis for 3D printed parts
- Geometry prep best practices for 3D printing
- Print3D preview and export options (.stl, .3mf, .amf file types)
- Working with mesh BREP bodies in SOLIDWORKS (new in 2018!)
- Working with other files types in SOLIDWORKS with 3D Interconnect
- Managing 3D printing with a custom workflow
Who Should Attend?
- Engineers and designers involved in product development and manufacturing
- Industrial engineers and managers
- Leads and decision makers for manufacturing companies