Responsible for performing customer service functions including order entry and service call cases through our management software in addition to basic CRM data entry and general office work including answering telephone calls and greeting visitors in a professional manner by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Answers multi-line telephone and relays telephone calls to the appropriate person in an efficient manner while sitting at the front desk.
- Greets and screens incoming visitors/customers/vendors as they enter the building in a professional manner and promptly notifies appropriate person of their arrival.
- Receives and responds to customer requests, orders, and complaints via telephone, fax, email or in person and processes information in an efficient manner.
- Enters customer orders and service call cases.
- Applies knowledge of company products/services to efficiently process customer information and responds to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.
- Builds and maintains quality relations with customers utilizing courteous phone etiquette and troubleshooting procedures.
- Creates and implements an organized filing system for various company documents.
- Assists with general office cleaning and stocking office supplies.
- Operates standard office equipment to include, but not limited to, multi-line telephone system, facsimile machine, calculator, photocopy machine and computer/printer.
- Maintains a professional office environment and promotes a positive image for the company.
- Assists Accounts Receivable with functions including but not limited to: entering new customers and/or products into database, creating sales orders, and other tasks as identified.
- Ability and willingness to assume miscellaneous administrative tasks depending on company need.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
▪ Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
▪ Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
▪ Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
▪ External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
▪ Business Acumen – Aligns work with strategic goals
▪ Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
▪ Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employees must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advantage notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
▪ Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization via the phone and in-person.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Internet Explorer; order processing system, database software, and contact management systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2+ years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Ability to successfully complete certified manufacturer training (if applicable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, a portion of the employee time will require sitting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. In addition the employee will regularly be required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Oral and written communication skills
• Computer data entry
• Customer service
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Time management