July 17, 2018: Race to Make Manufacturing Workshop / SOLIDWORKS Tech on Tap – Hibbing, MN
AdvancedTek joins Alignex on their summer mobileEX Road Tour, bringing Race to Make Manufacturing Workshops and SOLIDWORKS Tech on Tap events to cities around the Midwest!
LOCATIONS & DATES:
- Davenport, IA | June 12, 2018
- Cedar Rapids, IA | June 13, 2018
- Ft. Dodge, IA | June 19, 2018
- Sioux City, IA | June 20, 2018
- Hibbing, MN | July 17, 2018 – REGISTER
Hibbing Park Hotel – Hibbing, MN
Race to Make Workshop: 9AM – 12PM
Tech on Tap: 1PM – 3:30PM
- Duluth, MN | July 18, 2018
- Rice Lake, WI | July 19, 2018
- Grand Forks, ND | August 14, 2018
- Fargo, ND | August 15, 2018
- Alexandria, MN | August 16, 2018
RACE TO MAKE WORKSHOP
The Race to Make Manufacturing Workshop Series presents case studies in advanced design tools, best practices and manufacturing technology. Join engineers in your area to discover how they are connecting innovation, design and production to accelerate product development life cycles. This seminar will show attendees how FLOE International migrated from Autodesk Inventor® to SolidWorks®. We address the issue of legacy data re-use and data conversion, head-on. You’ll see how new product development can continue undisrupted while adding or swapping out mission-critical engineering technology.
You’ll also see advanced design tools, simulation (FEA), technical publications and data management in a live engineering environment complete with file server and workstations. See collaboration happen in real-time as Inventor data gets reused in SolidWorks. The techniques and tools you’ll see are the same whether switching from Inventor, Creo® or any other mainstream 3D CAD systems to SolidWorks.
Attend this session if you…
- Are a visionary for your company’s product development initiatives
- Are tired of the high ownership costs for your current CAD and the switch to subscription-only licensing
- Are chartered with fixing specific engineering bottlenecks
- Are responsible for making design and manufacturing improvements
- Feel your current CAD vendor’s tools have functional gaps
- Use a 3D CAD system that causes difficulty with attracting or retaining talented engineers
- Want to simply gauge or validate your existing engineering toolset against the most likely alternative
SOLIDWORKS TECH ON TAP
Join us for an afternoon of the best of what’s new in SOLIDWORKS and the latest in professional 3D printing, featuring four sessions:
Part 1 – 3D Interconnect: 3D Interconnect is a new technology in SOLIDWORKS that is allowing users to work with files from a different CAD system like never before. See how it works and how you can use it right now. We’ll go into the details on how the technology works and show live examples using CAD files from PTC, Inventor and Solid Edge. Almost everyone occasionally deals with design data in non-SOLIDWORKS format. If you do, you’ll want to see this.
Part 2 – Best of the BEST: We designed this session for longtime users of SOLIDWORKS. We will demo and explain some of the most important new features from the last 5 releases of SOLIDWORKS to help you be more productive and to make the CAD part of your job easier. There’s something for every SOLIDWORKS user in this fast-paced session. Topics covered include: sketches, parts and assemblies, sheet metal and drawings.
Part 3 – PDM Pro vs PDM Standard: This segment will highlight the feature and function differences between the two products. Anyone interested in learning more about SOLIDWORKS PDM in general or who wants to better understand the specific differences between these two products should attend.
Part 4 – Putting the ‘Pro’ in Prototyping: See the latest in metal and plastic professional 3D printing presented by AdvancedTek, a Platinum Level Partner for Stratasys 3D printers and Desktop Metal 3D Printers.
To learn more and to register, visit Alignex’s mobileEX Road Tour site here.