Below is a list of MakerBot Filament
//Trusted by leading companies and institutions the world over
When used with MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers, PLA Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime. Details such as sharp corners and edges print well and PLA printed objects will generally have a glossier look and feel.
Explore your creativity with a wide variety of colors and special properties in a filament with a consistently round diameter to ensure consistent flow through the extruder nozzle and smoth, even layers. When used with MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers, MakerBot PLA Filament helps produce higher quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
MakerBot PLA Filament System Compatibility
//Create durable and strong 3D printed prototypes and fixtures
With up to 2X the impact-strength of ABS and similar tensile and flexural strength properties, Tough gives you durability for a wide variety of industrial applications that hold up under all types of stress. Tough is designed to overcome common flaws in ABS 3D printing – including warping and curling – so you can print your parts reliably without excessive adjustments or tweaking. Throw your printed part into the CNC or drill press; tap some threads and bolt on a steel bracket, or sand the surface and paint for a finished presentation pieces. Whatever your design challenge, Tough makes it easy to test and present your parts in real-world applications.
Available in four colors – slate grey, safety orange, stone white and onyx black – for creators who need to color code their parts or want more creative.
MakerBot Tough System Compatibility
Download Spec Sheet
//Helps you get the most out of your MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
MakerBot ABS Filament is the best and most consistent ABS filament designed and optimized for MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers. Like all MakerBot Filaments, it’s made in the USA and test in-house to ensure the highest quality standards and help you get the most of your MakerBot Replicator 2X.
Thanks to state-of-the-art filament manufacturing and quality control standards, when used with the MakerBot Replicator 2X, MakerBot ABS Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
- When used with MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers, MakerBot ABS Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime
- Because it’s more flexible than PLA, MakerBot ABS is great for mechanical designs or ones that have interlocking or pin-connected pieces
- Compared to PLA, ABS has a longer lifespan, is more impact resistant, and has a more matte look and finish
- MakerBot ABS Filament has a high melting point, so it’s suitable for machine or car parts
- MakerBot ABS Filament is soluble in acetone, so you can “weld” parts together with just a drop or two or smooth surfaces and create a high gloss by brushing or dipping full ABS pieces in acetone
- MakerBot ABS filament adheres well to Kapton tape on a heated build plate
MakerBot ABS Filament System Compatibility
//Unleash your creativity! Create complex 3D prints never before possible.
MakerBot Dissolvable Filament is the best and most consistent dissolvable support filament optimized for MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers. It’s designed for use as a solid infill material with MakerBot ABS Filament and is fully supported by the free and powerful MakerBot Desktop app. MakerBot Desktop automatically generates the needed support structure. After 3D printing your object, simply submerge it in limonene (a common nontoxic solvent made from orange rinds) and the supports will melt away.
- Create 3D prints with complexity, overhangs, and movable parts never before possible.
- MakerBot Dissolvable Filament is very similar to MakerBot ABS Filament but dissolves in limonene, a common citrus-scented solvent.
- Place the 3D print in limonene and the supports will dissolve away in just 8–24 hours, leaving the print made with ABS Filament intact.
- Limonene is a nontoxic solvent made from orange rinds. It’s a common, colorless, citrus- scented solvent available online and in grocery and home stores.
- MakerBot Dissolvable Filament is fully supported by the free and powerful MakerBot Desktop app that automatically generates the needed support structure.
Dissolvable Filament System Compatibility